The IT Digital Channels Unit within the Banking Systems Operations Department is charged with the responsibility of Support and Technical Operations of the Digital Channels and Middleware Systems within the Bank. The unit supports the Digital Banking in the areas of Mobile Banking, Card Systems, Merchant Acquiring, Agent Banking, Internet Banking, and International Money Transfers (Branch- Based and Digital IMTs).
The Digital Support Specialist is responsible for the system administration and technical support for Mobile Banking, Agency Banking, Internet Banking, KCB MPESA, Vooma payments, host to host services, middleware applications and all their related interfaces. The role holder will also provide support for Digital Channel related projects and documentation.
- Provide technical support for existing Agency, Mobi Loan (Vooma Loan), Internet Banking, Mobile banking, C2B, MTS, Channel Manager systems (herein later referred to as Digital Channels) and implementation of related projects.
- Delivering business solutions by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that does not adversely affect business processes.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure that the Digital Channels money transfer services are well secured and in implementing SSL and other encryption certificates for ensuring robust and secure Digital Channels services.
- Roll out of business solutions, ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that does not adversely affect business processes, and providing processes and training to the users.
- Recommend and implement upgrades or changes to the Digital Channels solutions for performance, security or business benefits.
- Provide first level IT training and support to users in addition to keeping track of user issues and oversee their prompt resolution.
- Develop subject matter expert knowledge of Mobile, digital Commerce and other payment banking technologies.
- Continuously analyse user requirements to develop and provide solutions.
- Enhance and develop new channels for delivering services to customers.
- Maintain and manage up to date system configurations, user documentation and develop Business Continuity plans for both mobile & channel solutions.
- Ensure compliance of SLAs with system vendors.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Mathematics from a recognized university.
- Certification in ITIL.
- Proficient in Linux.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with at least 2 years’ experience in Digital Channels and Linux Server Administration.
- Experience in IT Projects and Business Analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 30th July 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.