This is a loan product designed to cater for the needs of dairy producers and other actors in the dairy value chain by providing finances for working capital and herd improvement. They are categorised into two;
Dairy Herd Improvement Loan
This is a loan product intended to boost returns for dairy producers through access to funds for purchase of better breeds of dairy cows.
- Loan repayment duration up to 24 months
- Loan amount of Kshs 50,000 up to Kshs 2 million with animals used as security
Dairy Instalment Loans
This product targets those involved in the Dairy value chain and are in need of working capital to boost their dairy business. They include the dairy farmer, milk vendors, dairy bulkers, milk products transporters etc. The loan is available to both new and existing KCB clients who are engaged in dairy production.
- Loan repayment duration up to 36months.
- Minimum loan amount of Kshs 50,000
- Security- chattels mortgage over equipment, joint registration of Motor vehicle.
What we need from you*
- Must be in active dairy farming for atleast 1 year
- Must be an existing KCB account holder
- The dairy activities should demonstrate adequate capacity to service the loan in timely manner.
*A bank representative may call you at any time to obtain further information in line with our KYC process. At no point shall you be asked for your PIN or passwords. Remember, PIN yako siri yako.
Loan Rates & Fees*
- Interest charged at CBR+4%
- Negotiation fee charged at 3%
*Charges are not inclusive of tax