Reporting to the Head, Compliance & Ethics in Risk Division of the Bank, the Manager will be responsible for ensuring central compliance oversight and surveillance on AML/KYC issues and will support KCB Group and act as the AML liaison contact in Head Office maintaining continuous dialogue and information to all business units on AML/KYC policies and practices.
The role holder will also act as the central business AML systems and support liaison contact for KCB AML/CFT Shared Services, maintaining continuous dialogue, support and information to Business Units on AML/KYC/CFT policies and practices.
- Act as AML/CFT liaison person in KCB maintaining continuous dialogue and support to business units and Bank Subsidiaries on issues defined in the AML/KYC policies and on Shared monitoring systems.
- Monitoring of sales and new business activities to identify, advice on and resolve any high-risk activities.
- Track and alert on the status and performance of AML/ /CFT Compliance responsibilities across KCB Group.
- Act as the AML System Business System Administrator ensuring effective alert management, review and reporting. Carryout initial review of AML alerts and maintain follow-up for conclusion on AML case management including providing AML system support to users.
- Support the direction, development, maintenance and distribution of AML/KYC awareness and system training & other compliance policy training across the Bank’s units.
- Maintain AML/KYC Compliance risk data collection, analysis and preparing reports with recommendations to mitigate exposures.
- Maintain continuous engagement with Business Units to review and advice on New Products / Channels, Services and Projects, for conformance with AML/KYC and sanctions programs.
- Monitor and report on the daily management of compliance issues at respective units including significant AML, KYC and Sanctions policies.
- Prepare internal & external compliance reports for the Central Compliance Office with regard to external and regulatory compliance issues on AML/KYC.
- Provide compliance risk liaison at peer levels across specialist and risk functions.
- Report suspicious transactions and handle enquiries from Financial Reporting Centre (FRC).
- Coordinate with Business entities and Bank’s Regulator on Anti-Money Laundering related issues.
- Carry out AML Risk Assessments on new / enhanced products, services and channels; periodically carry out comprehensive AML Risk Assessment for KCB Bank Kenya activities/exposures.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- Degree from University recognised by Commission for University Education. MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- Anti-Money Laundering Professional Qualification (ACAMS) is required.
- Risk professional qualification (possess at least one of the following: IRM, PRMIA, GARP, RCP II etc.).
- At least 3 years’ experience working with AML/CFT monitoring and screening systems. Experience in AML system implementation will be an added advantage.
- 7 years of General Banking management level experience.
- 5 years managerial experience in AML/CFT.
- Sound knowledge of Bank-wide business functions, Administration and Supervisory skills.
- Good management skills including organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high integrity.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 9th June 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.