KCB Foundation was established in 2007 to implement the KCB Bank Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility programs and as a sign of commitment to sustainable development to alleviate poverty and enhance well-being.
The Chief of Party is responsible for providing leadership in project implementation and delivery of desired results in accordance with donor rules, regulations, and policies. The role holder will lead the project management team ensuring responsiveness to the donor and other stakeholders, provide high-level oversight ensuring the project resources are allocated and used effectively and in a manner that makes maximum contribution to project objectives. S/he will engage in work planning, resource allocation, granting, monitoring and evaluation, research, performance management, communication and new business case development. S/he will serve as the primary program contact to KCB Foundation Managing Director.
- In liaison with KCB Foundation Managing Director and program staff, plan, implement and monitor all aspects of the program in collaboration with technical staff, organizational partners, program partners, and short-term consultants .
- The COP will also be responsible for the management of the project and will serve as key liaison with the donor, KCB Bank Kenya and implementing partners.
- Ensure appropriate reporting, financial oversight and compliance of the project in accordance with donor rules and regulations. Ensure program partners’ compliance with donor policies on marking and branding and donor rules and regulations.
- In liaison with the Managing Director, Head of Finance and HR, ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor policies and procedures through collaboration with program, finance and administrative staff.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure program activities are tracked, reviewed in line with the overall goal and implementation plan and have the desired impact to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Visit assigned sites on a regular basis and oversee implementation and execution of ongoing project tasks.
- Create and sustain a work environment that promotes learning through documentation and knowledge sharing around best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic reports and information for submission to the donor.
- Effective people management ensuring highly skilled staff are recruited, properly inducted, empowered to provide leadership and decision-making within a team setting, and effectively managed to perform to a high standard and meeting their objectives.
- University degree in Business, Economics, Development Studies or related field from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree or professional qualifications in relevant field is added advantage.
- 15 years’ relevant work experience in designing, managing, monitoring and implementing capacity building projects with a proven track record.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Chief of Party/ Program Director/ Country Manager with an international donor agency or NGO.
- International donor experience is required with significant exposure and experience leading/ managing/ monitoring projects in accordance with donor rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent capacity to understand and manage complex budgets in relation to program implementation.
- Strategic thinking and planning capacity to oversee the development and implementation of functional plans and project initiatives.
- Proven multi-sectoral exposure and experience in building & managing strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Problem analysis and resolution at functional and strategic level.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
The above position is demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday, 28th November 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable