Financial Services department manages relationships with Financial Institutions, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Investment Vehicles, Learning Institutions, NGOs and Foreign Missions. Financial Institutions is a subsector within the department that establishes and maintains banking relationships to enable the Group to provide Global treasury, trade and cash management solutions.
Reporting to the Head, Financial Services in Corporate Banking Division, the position will be responsible for the management of a designated portfolio of Financial Institutions (FI) to achieve revenue targets. This position will be accountable for effectively managing and growing the Bank's relationship with local and or global banks to ensure competitive product offerings by key industry players and maintaining the quality of the portfolio.
- Implement the Financial Services strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth of the FI business through the delivery of innovative and customized solutions to meet the specific requirements of Financial Institutions.
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations/partnerships with Financial Institutions/Treasury/Sector Heads/ Branch Network/Relationship Managers/Stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of FI solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaisons with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless, and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of the industry and monitor the market developments locally and globally assessing their impact on existing portfolio and overall impact on FI business and banks; to ensure that opportunities are realized, and the risks mitigated.
- Obtain adequate credit facilities and set up appropriate credit lines for local & foreign banks on best terms from key counterparties.
- Preparation of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain the quality of the assigned portfolio within stipulated Portfolio at Risk (PAR)parameters.
- Ensure timely preparation of relevant reports and daily monitoring of accounts to ensure exposures are within the approved limits, taking remedial actions in line with policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures, local and international banking practices, and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree from a recognized Institution.
- Eight (8) Years Banking experience, five (5) Years of which should be in Financial Institutions.
- Strong Relationship Management, Sales, and Business Development skills.
- Portfolio Management.
- Financial Analysis & Credit Analysis skills.
- Knowledge/ Experience in Risk Management, Banking Operations, KYC, and AML.
- Trade Finance experience.
- Strong Persuasion and Communication skills.
- Knowledge of Correspondent Banking Business.
- Attention to Detail.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Planning and Organization skills.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 25th January 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted