The IT Digital Channels Unit, within the Banking Systems Operations Department, is charged with the responsibility of Support, and Technical Operations, of the Digital Channels, and Middleware Systems within the Bank. The unit supports Digital Banking in the areas of Mobile Banking, Card systems and Merchant Acquiring, Agent Banking, Internet Banking and International Money Transfers (Both branches based and Digital IMTs).
- To maintain an efficient ATM System.
- To deliver quality service to both internal and external customers and provide high system availability of systems at all times.
- To provide operational assistance and guidance in IT related areas to the Card Center team and ensure compliance of the ATM system with payment associations (VISA & MASTERCARD).
- T ATM Support to HQ and subsidiaries (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda).
- Installing, testing, and configuring new ATMs, peripheral equipment, and software
- Developing and documenting user manual for Level1 I.T ATM Support.
- Managing and supporting the ATM Systems to ensure stability and availability.
- Providing reports to management on ATM operations (Uptime/downtime, Resolution time etc.)
- Development of ATM Scenarios and work with vendors in additional customizations
- ATM Administration and configuration Support and 3rd Party Integrations.
- Plan and Enforce ATM schedules and controls to ensure timely delivery compliance and mandates.
- Maintain & review the ATM Software packages and Kernel parameters.
- Ensure 24*7 availability of the ATM systems as required by users.
- Perform ATM System upgrades and apply system patches promptly received from system vendors.
- Enforcing Compliance to CBK and Card Associations standards i.e., Visa & MasterCard.
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes.
- Continual Service Improvement by recommending and implementing upgrades or changes to the ATM system for increased performance, security, or business benefits.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree IT/Computer Science or related.
- 4 years’ experience in Technology/General Banking.
- 3 years’ experience in Card & ATM Services/ Operations.
- 1 year Banking experience.
- 1 year IT Projects.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 24th February 2023
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.