The Business Architect will interpret and contextualize strategy for operational needs, develop specific artifacts such as business capability maps and value streams to help bridge the gap between strategy and execution, and help streamline and rationalize the IT enablement process.
The primary focus will be the alignment of technology solutions to business needs through the analysis of business requirements, motivations, business operations and business models & frameworks.
This role reports to Snr Manager, Business Architecture.
- Reviewing, analyzing, evaluating ideas and opportunities to develop new solutions, new technologies and business models for the business.
- Participate through scrums for the planning and execution of business initiatives / projects that move ideas from ideation, proto typing to full implementation.
- Conducts reviews and analysis of business requirements / organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of business applications.
- Creating business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization.
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement.
- Ensure solutions proposed for development are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet operational targets / expectations.
- Define data needs/shared across the business and their interrelation.
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver business architecture artifacts needed for End-to-End Enterprise Architecture & Solution Architecture Approach deliverables.
- Functions as a liaison to Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of technology / industry trends and innovations, and their impact on the business.
- Provide architectural support in projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information technology or a related field of study.
- Professional Qualifications such as CBAP, TOGAF or Project Management such as Prince2 is added advantage.
- 4+ years progressive experience in Information Technology with focus on Business Analysis, Applications Architecture or Software Development.
- Experience in at least two IT disciplines such as (Business Analysis, Application architecture, application development, middleware, and SOA).
- Prior working experience in formal Business Analysis / Applications Architecture.
- Experience with operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 31st March 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.