- Develop and implement partnership strategy to increase KCBF’s engagement of partners.
- Identify and build strategic alliances and partnerships that galvanize action and bring resources and visibility for KCB Foundation and its work.
- Lead in acquisition and maintenance of both public and private sector partnerships for Africa.
- Negotiate and engage in new partnerships with both bilateral and private sector donors.
- Drive relationship management efforts to maintain and grow existing partner relationships.
- Collaborate with programme teams to structure and execute KCBF’s initiatives and partnerships.
- Build wider staff capacities on partnership and stakeholder management.
- Work alongside the Business Development team to identify business opportunities with prospective and new partners.
- Develop and implement work plans for strategic partnerships, including maintenance of an up-to-date partner database.
- Work with partners to ensure that their communications and joint programs/initiatives align with the Foundation.
- Build and strengthen KCBF’s unique proposition value to partners.
- Lead the development and implementation of a robust strategic communications and public engagement plan integrated with the strategic priorities and major activities of the Foundation.
- Lead the development of a clear vision for promoting the Foundation's brand awareness globally with compelling messages.
- Engage and build a robust network with mainstream and non-traditional media partners to generate Kenya-specific and regional coverage to build the Foundation’s profile.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Development, Policy and Advocacy, Programmes and MEL teams to ensure that the Communications team is fully leveraging impact, successes and activities to advance the brand and strategic objectives.
- Track and maintain annual department budgets.
- Seek speaking and public engagement opportunities for the Foundation and maintain relationships with important conferences, speaker's bureaus, and other relevant fields of value to the Foundation's brand-building and message dissemination.
- Monitor traditional and online spheres for ongoing reputation management, and when required, advise the organization on appropriate crisis communications responses.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Public Relations/ Communications, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Relations/ Communications or any related field is added advantage.
- Knowledge and relevant work experience of 8 years and above, with not less than 4 years in a management role; and
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in International Donor-Funded Projects, Project Management, Capacity Building and Facilitation.
- Must demonstrate expert proficiency in Leadership, Relationship & People Management, and Strategic Thinking.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.