- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate progress of the KCB Group Sustainability management strategy and programmes as envisioned in the KCB Green Agenda.
- Develop and coordinate implementation sustainable organizational policies, processes or practices.
- Train, implement and integrate Social and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS) into the business process in credit, corporate and retail. Design and implement awareness programmes for employees and other stakeholders which include e-learning
- Coordinate and support internal business stakeholders in the implementation of sustainability initiatives.
- Develop methodologies, procedures to assess, evaluate and monitor the viability or success of sustainability initiatives and programs.
- Research on emerging environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests and advise the business appropriately.
- Prepare communication plans for the Group`s sustainability initiatives and strategies in line to the international best practices to various key Bank`s stakeholders, they include campaigns etc.
- Manage the sustainability reporting process for annual report and integrated reporting.
- Implement and manage the bank’s sustainability database and knowledge management.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Identify and coordinate sustainability partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the bank in appropriate forums for purposes of learning, exposure and sharing.
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the Group`s sustainability agenda which will Identify opportunities for green initiatives.
- Assess and evaluate feasible international and regional frameworks and principles for sign up to aid Group`s sustainability positioning.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or a Related Field is required.
- Masters Degree in Environmental Sciences or a Related Sustainability Field will be added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in managing Environmental or Sustainability Programmes.
- Professional Qualification in a Sustainability Related Course or Certification in Environmental & Social Governance is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage people/teams and diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent writing & presentation skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 30th November 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.