Reporting to the Director Corporate Banking, this position is responsible for formulating and driving the Sovereign and Public Sector strategy and plans, sales, growth, profitability, and relevant market share in collaboration with the other revenue and enabling functions of KCB Bank Kenya Ltd.
The position drives the business segment growth, relationship management in collaboration with product houses to existing, new and prospective customers and clients. The Sector Covers Centralized and Decentralized Governments, line Ministries, Parastatals, Donor projects, social programs, Strategic partnerships involving the National Government and devolved units.
The business sector collaborates with Product houses based in Corporate Banking Division including Transactional Banking, Trade, Asset Based Finance, Investor Services and Corporate Service Centre as well other Divisions within the Bank and subsidiaries within the Group e.g KCB Investment Bank and KCB insurance Agency.
- Development of the sovereign and public sector strategy in a manner that will ensure revenue growth and business profitability. Further, endure effective cross-functional engagement between the Sector and product houses.
- Lead the Relationship Management team in maintenance and development of Public Sector relationships in a sustainable manner.
- Develop and implement strategies to diversify revenue base and increase non-funded income generated through Transaction Banking and Treasury products.
- Drive and promote innovation to develop the bank’s overall digitization strategy.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: relevant government and quasi-government bodies, managing directors, divisional directors, key customers, and service providers.
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank. Development of Public Sector budget in conjunction with the Bank’s Finance and Strategy Divisions.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to promote efficient service delivery to Public Sector clients.
- Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, governance, and risk management environment for the Public Sector.
- Effectively communicate and implement the Bank strategy.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing Public Sector team.
- Manage the Sector efficiently so that overall business and performance goals and objectives are achieved.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and/or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ relevant experience (preferably from large organizations) in corporate banking, banking operations, customer service, with at least 6 years in senior leadership positions.
- Sound understanding of all corporate banking products.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services and banking sector.
- Have an appreciation and operating knowledge of the banking industry, regulation, market, trends as well as opportunities and challenges.
- Demonstrable innovation orientation to ensure that the Bank remains on the cutting edge of provision of Public Sector solutions.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, relationship management skills, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business, and banking operations.
- Excellent people management skills including a strong talent development focus.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 25th September 2023
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.