The overall responsibility of the Portfolio Manager is to devise and implement investment. strategies and processes to meet client goals and constraints, construct and manage portfolios, make decisions on what and when to buy and sell investments.
- Evaluate and review asset allocation and other investment decisions on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal performance.
- Building & developing strong strategic partnerships/relationships within assigned market and channels.
- Develop a list of approved counterparties for vetting as part of an investment committee
- Evaluate and review asset allocation strategies and other investment decisions impacting on a client portfolio on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal performance
- Attend client’s (existing) meetings to report on portfolio performance and where applicable present the proposed investment strategy for approval.
- Monitor, re-balance and re-align the various portfolios to ensure adherence to client IPS mandates, internal house view and regulatory framework.
- Conduct portfolio analysis to make recommendation regarding asset allocation
- Conduct research on viable opportunities and develop reports on investment analysis to support the investment decision process
- Gather current market intelligence information in conjunction with the research analyst and circulate to the wider asset management team.
- Review customer concerns and ensure appropriate action is taken and where applicable escalate issues to the Head of Fund Management.
- Train and orient new clients and assist all members of staff to enhance their knowledge through appropriate educational opportunities.
- Participate in the development of new investment products.
- Participate in the preparation of requisite documents for new client tenders and make presentations where necessary
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Business related or equivalent) from a recognized institution.
- Professional certification - CFA, CPA, CISA, CCMS, ICIFA, ACCA or part CFA or
- At least 4 years' working experience in Portfolio Management
- Knowledgeable in operations of the Capital Markets Authority, Nairobi Security Exchange and Central Depository Settlement Corporation
- Have knowledge of the regulatory environment and have a thorough understanding of the Capital Markets products and services
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 20th October 2023.
Qualified candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.