Reporting to the Head, Credit Support Unit, the role holder is tasked to evaluate, develop and monitor recovery action plans on non- performing large Corporate accounts on a continuous basis, to achieve maximum and timely recoveries and/or turnaround at minimal costs.
- Develop and implement recovery strategies and action plans for each non- performing debt.
- Reduction of non- performing debts through aggressive recoveries and viable restructuring options.
- Full compliance with Credit policies and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Minimize recovery costs through vetting of invoices and upfront fees negotiations.
- Coach, guide and motivate staff to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Recovery of debts written-off in line with the Prudential Guidelines
- Review of facilities through Credit Quest on each file on the best recovery option including restructuring and asset classifications.
- Correspondence with both external and internal customers.
- Meetings with the debtors and service providers, including official visits to their operations.
- Supervise and guide the direct reports.
- Monitor debtors’ compliance with the agreed settlement arrangements.
Experience & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business related degree from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience, 5 years of which should be in a senior management position within credit.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of recoveries processes in Corporate and must be able to provide direction and strategic thinking where appropriate in relation to distressed assets and loans in default.
- Should have sound knowledge in Accounting and financial principles, Credit risk management, Business banking, Investment banking, Corporate banking
- Understanding of Legal principles related to lending; collateral rights, Insolvency Law, Receiverships and Administration.
- Must have the ability to translate and apply Credit knowledge to optimise positive outcomes in negotiations with clients.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 19th February, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts