International Money Transfers (IMT) Unit offers services including Western Union, MoneyGram, RIA, Xpress Money, World Remit, Small World, Thunes (Transfer-To), Terra Pay, Transfast and Simba Pay. These services are available in KCB’s 200 branches including Contact Centre, sub-agent locations and digitally targeting delivery to mobile wallet and bank account. The Unit is responsible for business growth, product development, project management, IMT strategy, customer service support, field services and compliance.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for business growth of International Money Transfers, relationship management with IMT partners including but not limited to Western Union, MoneyGram, RIA, Xpress Money, World Remit, Simba Pay, Small World, Transfast, Transfer-To and Terra Pay. This role also recruits and supports sub-agents.
- Drive profitable revenue growth and market share of the portfolio of IMT customers with a focus on new acquisitions, deepening of existing customer relationships and cross selling thereby increase market and customer share of wallet within KCB.
- Provide strategic direction for international payments through competition mapping to introduce profitable new services, negotiating appropriate pricing and promotional programs to effectively compete in the increasingly disruptive digital payments field.
- Relationship management of strategic partnerships including but not limited to Western Union, MoneyGram, RIA, Xpress Money, World Remit, Simba Pay, Small World,Transfast & Transfer-To.
- Project management of key initiatives and activity linkage across the business to incorporate new opportunities to the business strategy.
- Ensure risk and compliance issues are identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported.
- Manage all network rollout programs, applications, service and systems upgrades.
- Conduct market intelligence and compile information that will aid in strategic positioning with a deep understanding of customer segments, key remittance corridors and competition.
- Work with cross-functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Strategy, Diaspora and Retail units) to develop and execute a consistent multi-brand strategy to grow affinity levels by implementing brand awareness campaigns that resonate with customers.
- Identify and manage new product enhancements, working closely with cross-functional teams to understand both market & compliance driven needs and deliver solutions to customers by managing all steps of the product life cycle in order to drive growth in both top-line revenue and bottom-line contribution from the respective international payment.
- Prospect, qualify, sign-up and manage new sub-agent and international payments partnerships.
- Grow, monitor and manage the entire network of KCB branches and sub-agent locations through POS audits and product training to ensure service standards compliance.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Possession of professional qualifications in Sale and Marketing will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an IMT Business Development role
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Banking Operations and Compliance role
- Strong competencies in financial analysis and report writing skills is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 14th February 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable