KCB Foundation directs the delivery of corporate citizenship responsibilities on behalf of the KCB Group. Over the past 7 years, the KCB Foundation has supported grassroots communities in Kenya to prioritize education, grow small enterprises, improve health status, protect the environment and access humanitarian aid. Financial support for these programmes is provided primarily by KCB which commits 1% of its pre-tax profits to support community development. In order to guarantee optimum impact for communities involved in its programmes, the KCB Foundation forges strategic partnerships, deploys appropriate expertise and tracks results on a continuous basis.
Reporting to the Head of KCB Foundation & Chief of Party, the role holder is responsible for driving resource mobilization through the development, preparation and submission of high-quality proposals and concept papers, as well as pitches and presentations. This role is accountable for identifying opportunities for development of proposals for programme funding, scanning the donor environment for new funding opportunities (project and programme funding) and where applicable, gathering and synthesizing information about prospective partners and competitors.
- Provide leadership in institutional resource mobilization and fund raising across KCB Foundation, regional offices including subsidiaries.
- Development and submission of high-quality proposals, concept papers and pitch presentations to donors and other partners.
- Coordination of efforts and knowledge management aimed at winning new business.
- Maintain an informatics system that monitors and updates on the funding and opportunity pipeline; lead pipeline and information management to drive informed decisions on future opportunities.
- Review proposals and pitch materials for compliance and soundness with donor requirements as well as adherence to KCB Foundation and Group policies and procedures.
- Scope and identify opportunities for funding.
- Lead the development of appropriate processes, tools and templates (e.g. Capability statements, Past Performance References) to be used for business development.
- Support programs and business units to develop and implement resource mobilization strategies.
- Provide technical training and capacity building to countries and staff on proposal development, intelligence gathering, proposal writing to develop high quality proposals.
- Lead the diversification of sources of funding in coordination with social enterprises, government and private sector.
- Support programs and business units to develop and roll out technical and resource mobilization strategies.
- Liaise with partnerships and policy and advocacy teams, working together to engage critical stakeholders and generate leads for new/enhanced program funding.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree preferably in project management or a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body is required.
- Have relevant work experience of 8 years and above in a similar role with at least 5 years’ experience in resource mobilization & project management for international donor funded projects.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in monitoring & evaluation, grant management and partnership management.
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 28th June 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.